This is a great cake for summer or spring. It is really summery because of the coconut and the chcolate gives it an even richer taste.
I was really surprised how good the cake turned out. It tasted great and it also looked really good. My grandma was super surprised when I told her it was vegan. She asked me several times how the consitency could be so nice without eggs and butter.
- 100 g margarine
- 100 g chocolate ( vegan)
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g whipping cream alternative (like soya cuisine)
- 150 g flour
- 130 g grated coconut
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Take a round cake pan and grease it ( diameter 21 cm)
- Chop the chocolate into medium size pieces. Mix the margarine, sugar, vanilla and whipping cream alternative until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and 100g of shredded coconut. Mix well. Add the chocolate and stir in.
- Place into the cake pan. Sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top of the cake. Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool down and enjoy.